Monday, October 08, 2007

Get along, little cable doggie!

I love cables. There, I've said it. There's something about the twists and turns that is provoking and grounding - I want to follow them! But, they are soothing at the same time. I'm loving working on my Great American Aran Afghan; still plugging away at this square, but almost ready to bind off.

I'm thinking of making this beauty soon out of the Araucania Nature Wool that I got to make the Afghan in the first place. Maybe I should get some new Malabrigo, though. It would be incredibly soft, wouldn't it?

Or, maybe I should take this workshop from a pro, and bring along my copy of her Figheadh Aran Hat Pattern to work on. Then, I could take this class from Nichole to finish the hat for a Christmas present! Choices, choices...

Maybe I should just follow the cable square I'm already working on to its end and start the next square first, huh? I've got enough WIPS as it is, other presents to make, as Christmas is coming!

1 comment:

ahousefullofboys said...

You go girl! Cables are a bit of an addiction I think. I love the way they look all knit up and pretty. You should finish your square. But is there really such a thing as enough WIPS?